punkt.: ES 01 extension socket by georges moanack
‘punkt.: ES’ 01 extension socket by georges moanack punkt. launches its third product: the ‘ES 01′ by georges moanack at the fall edition of maison et objet 2012.the design is an original extension socket that has been conceived to tackle a ubiquitous lifestyle problem: cable clutter. the device houses five sockets and is available in a range of versions to comply with the different power supply standards of a wide selection of countries. the young colombian worked on the ‘ES 01′ under the art direction of jasper morrison.
discover how the punkt. es 01 extension socket is made in a short production video of the object, below.
five sockets are housed within the devices
punkt. ES 01: all of your cables and plugs converge neatly in the ES 01 extension socket, tucked away under its sleek rounded lid. convert cable chaos into a clean design feature for the home or office. no hiding power stations under furniture, no crouching down to untangle dusty cables,and no power damage to your devices; just an attractive,sturdy design piece that blends in well with all interiors and simplifies cable management. get organized and power your gadgets and devices with the ES 01! ‘I wanted to make crawling under furniture to untangle cables a thing of the past, and the design challenge was to find an attractive and accessible solution to this problem.’ says georges moanack.
top view of the cable disk
- five sockets: plug up to five devices into the ES 01, creating a functional hub.
- removable lid: the ES 01 hides all the plugs and power cables under its sleek lid. the cleverly designed, robust locking system offers one-touch opening.
- single power switch: the tactile rubber power switch on top of the es 01 means simultaneous on/off operation of all the devices plugged in, a soft white led light indicates the status.
- cleverly positioned sockets: inside the ES 01 the sockets are positioned to accommodate power supplies that normally cover two or three sockets, enabling you to power plugs and AC adapters of different shapes and sizes.
- overload protection: forget about replacing burnt fuses! in the event of a power overload the resettable fuse immediately cuts the circuit, automatically protecting your appliances. to start up again simply press the fuse reset button on the base.
- c-clip cable guide: the cables coming out of the es 01 can be neatly grouped using the versatile rubber c-clip provided: cable clutter is tamed not only under the lid but on the outside too.
- 3 metre fabric power cord: the ES 01’s great-looking fabric power cord is a generous 3 metres in length, ensuring ample cover for different settings.with the lid on to keep dust out of the sockets.
available in black, white and red
there’s no need to hide the good-looking es 01, so stow your power supplies in a clean design feature and keep them within reach. clever cable management the ES 01 cleverly responds to all of your cable management needs by giving you a flexible socket layout, a removable lid, and a c-clip to group your power leads. energy saving made simple .the on/off switch on top of the es 01 helps reduce energy consumption by shutting off the power supply to all the devices plugged in. a soft white led light indicates the status.ES 01 versions for different countries*the ES 01 is available in a range of versions to comply with the different power supply standards of a wide selection of countries.
image © designboom