designer's own words:When I started this project, I came up with four problems with today’s products (see explanations on the three images). The first problem I found was when approaching edges of rugs and similar obstacles. To overcome this problem, I have used two large wheels as opposed to three or four small wheels, allowing the vacuum cleaner to come over all edges easily. The heavy parts are placed at the bottom of the unit, ensuring the unit doesn’t spin around with the wheels. The second problem faced was ensuring the vacuum cleaner didn’t get caught behind obstacles. I used simple technology in solving this. It has two sensors placed on the side of each wheel, detecting any obstacles in front of the wheels. If one sensor detects an obstacle, the opposite wheel automatically locks steering the vacuum cleaner away and avoiding contact with the obstacle. The third problem I faced was to make all the parts (unit, hose and cord) convenient to store. The hose is rolled around the unit’s body and the hose’s handle becomes the handle for the entire vacuum (see explanations on image two). Instead of using a cord, this vacuum runs on a battery increasing mobility within your home. The final problem I discovered was making sure the turning circle was as small as possible. To do this I have used two large wheels helping spin the unit around its own axes.