we ask participants to design a product or service that:
-responds to any of the topics listed in the categories below, providing enough added value when compared with existing solutions
-relies on currently available materials and technologies
-is aligned with one or more Sustainable Development Goals included in the 2030 agenda
-Wellness & Health
-Water & energy
-Crisis & emergency
The contest is open to professionals and students from the disciplines of architecture, design and any related field, of legal age from every country in the world, and has two participation options:
-Individual projects: formed by a single person.
-Group projects: formed by two people.
Registration for the contest is free of charge and open from 3rd May 2021 10 am (GMT+2) online at www.jumpthegap.net, accessible through the registration page.
All participants must submit their application to take part in the contest by 3 pm (GMT+2) on 6th September 2021.
The projects must be submitted to the contest website between 3rd May 10am (GMT+2) and 6th September 3pm (GMT+2)
- President: Shigeru Ban, Architect founder of Shigeru Ban Architects
- Somi Kim, Senior Director, Healthcare Solutions at Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Design
- Paul Priestman, Designer, Chairman of PriestmanGoode
- Andrea Trimarchi and Simone Farresin_Forma Fantasma design studio
- Deborah Seward, Director of United Nations Regional Information Centre in Belgium
- Mariana Amatullo, President of Cumulus International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design and Media
- Isabel Roig, Executive Director of Barcelona Design Centre & President of World Design Weeks
- Marc Viardot, Corporate Marketing and Design Director Roca Group
There are 4 prizes of 2.000€ for the winner of each category.
There are 8 prizes of 500€ for the 1st and 2nd runner up of each category.
There is 1 prize of 5.000€ for the best of the best project, selected from the winners of each of the 4 categories