The Sunhak Peace Prize has held an international "Motion Graphics Competition" to raise global citizens' awareness of the global peace agenda since 2020.
In 2021, we are holding a motion graphics contest under the theme of 'Global Solidarity and Cooperation to Prevent and Combat Pandemic Diseases', with the aim of overcoming the pandemic crisis through solidarity across borders. After researching for the theme in depth, showcase your artistic and technical skills to create a motion graphics video to share with the world what you have discovered. The award-winning work will be shared widely and spread online to people around the world. In this way, we will promote solidarity and raise awareness about the pandemic.
‘Global Solidarity and Cooperation to Prevent and Combat Pandemic Diseases’
– Advocating for vaccine equity
– Overcoming vaccine nationalism
– Accelerating fair access to medical aid such as vaccines, diagnostics and treatments
– Providing the correct information to prevent further infections
– Correcting false information about infectious diseases
– Ensuring the medical rights of the vulnerable.
– Global solidarity to fight infectious diseases
Period and schedule
– Application and Submission period: 01/07/2021 ~ 31/07/2021
– Offline Judging: early August
– Online Judging: late August
– Announcement of winners: early September
Eligibility for application
– Anyone from all over the world
– As an individual or team
– For teams, submit under the team leader’s name
– Quantity: One individual or teamwork (Unpublished work)
– 2D/3D motion graphics video in less than 1 minute
How to apply
– Download the application form and participation agreement from the Sunhak Peace Prize website
– Submit the motion graphic application form, participation agreement, and your work to [email protected], the official email of Sunhak Peace Prize
– Workpiece extension: .mp4, .wmv
– External sources such as modeling and BGM can be used (Make sure to reveal the sources when sending mail)
– Offline Judging (60%): Creativity, Artistic expression, Depth of research, Visual appeal, Delivery of content to viewers (5 points each, total 25 points), Overall quality and Professionalism (No grammar mistakes for any text, incorrect representation of facts, etc.)
– Online Judging (40%): Response on Sunhak Peace Prize SNS channel (Likes, Views)
10 people, total prize money $9,700
– Grand Prize (1 entry): $5,000
– Excellence Award (2 entries): $1,000
– Popularity Award (3 entries): $500
– Runner-up (4 entries): $300
Competition details and notes
– The amount of cash award paid out will exclude 4.4% for related taxes in South Korea from the award amount noted above.
– Submissions will only be accepted via email and will not be accepted after the submission deadline.
– Individual and team submissions are allowed. However, only one entry per individual, either as an individual or as part of a team, is allowed. When entering as a team, a team leader must be designated and will be the point of contact for communications.
– Submissions must not have been submitted to other competitions previously.
– Do not include your signature or any other personal identification symbol in your work.
– All work must be in English.
– Your submission may not be considered for the Competition if it does not satisfy all submission requirements and the terms and conditions laid out. If the content is determined to be unrelated to the theme, it may be disqualified.
– Entrants guarantee that the submitted work is original and that they are the holders of the copyright and have the right to submit the work to the Competition. By entering the Competition, entrants grant Sunhak Peace Prize Foundation a royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, display, creative, derivative works in whole or in part, including for promotional or marketing purposes. Entrants are liable for any issues arising from the use of images or videos of buildings or people in the submitted work.
– Official email of the Sunhak Peace Prize Contest: [email protected]