Cairo Designathon Round II: Design Future Past
Cairo Designathon is the only online collaborative design marathon in Egypt and MENA region, aimed at generating innovative design solutions and create positive social impact.
Under the theme "Design Future Past", Cairo Designathon Round II just launched the call for participation.
With 6 design challenges across 3 modules, CDRII addresses the disruption caused by digital manufacturing and open-source design tools. From Advance Computational design, to 3D Printing to AI driven design, to Big Data to Generative Design tools, future design and manufacturing methods are revolutionizing the face of craft and industry.
CDRII attempts to find out: What will design, craft and industry look like with the increasing proliferation of these digital technologies?
Round II Modules:
1. Design for Industry
• Furniture Design Challenge (in partnership with Pinocchio)
• Lighting Fixtures Design Challenge (in partnership with 3 Brothers Lighting)
2. Design for Crafts
• Woodwork Design Challenge (partnership Nadeem Furniture)
• Brass Design Challenge (in partnership Yasmine Fahmy Metalwork)
3. Design for Social Impact
• Social Design Challenge (in partnership Megawra Built Environment Collective)
• Environmental Design Challenge (in partnership with Handover)
6 winning teams (1 in each challenge): will receive 10,000 EGP + Cairo Designathon Trophy + Publishing & exposure in TDS 2021 & CDA 2021
6 Runner ups (1 in each challenge): will receive Runner up trophy + Publishing & exposure
All Participants receive Participation Certificates + Publishing on CD website
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 1
Design Marathon: Saturday, April 17 to Wednesday April 21
Jury: Thursday, April 22
cash prize award: $ 3,820.00 USDclick here for call for entries