Jiaxing City Logo System Design Competition 2020
A city must have its own characteristics, its own culture, its own features, and its own brands ... These comprehensive manifestations are to be reflected through a personalized logo. This is what we call a city logo. ——Wang Mengyou，a famous designer
— Proposition —
In today's urban developement trends, an increasing number of metropolises have become international exchange centers for business, finance, and culture. But each city has its unique history, culture, geography, and regional characteristics, so how to show the unique characteristics of the city and make them become a window for the world to know the city, which is particularly significant. In addition, a proper city logo not only can intuitively highlight the city's cultural characteristics, break the barriers of communication, improve the city's popularity, but also can reflect the city's spiritual connotation and enhance people's sense of belonging to the city.
Jiaxing city is located in the northeast of Zhejiang province, bordering Shanghai on the east, Suzhou on the north, Huzhou on the west, and Hangzhou on the south, with a total land area of 4,223 square kilometers and a total maritime area of 1,523 square kilometers. It has a registered population of 3.604 million and a permanent population of 4.726 million. Under its jurisdiction are two districts Nanhu and Xiuzhou, three county-level cities Pinghu, Haining and Tongxiang, and two counties Jiashan and Haiyan. Jiaxing city enjoys a flat terrain, balanced development and harmonious folk customs. Boasting a civilization history of more than 7,000 years, a written history of more than 2,500 years, and a city history of more than 1,700 years, it is the place where the "red boat" of Chinese revolution set sail, the national nuclear power industry started, and the Qiantangjiang tide surged.
In order to further shape the Jiaxing city brand, enhance and spread the Jiaxing‘s city characteristics of Jiaxing's "Red Boat" spirit, internationalization, canal complex and Jiangnan charms, inherit the Jiaxing urban culture, and enhance people's cohesion and sense of belonging, the People's Government of Jiaxing City and Young Bird Plan, an international competition platform, jointly launch the Jiaxing City Logo System Design Competition 2020. The competition is calling for entries for Jiaxing city logo system, aiming at attracting global attention and help Jiaxing become an international cultural city of Jiangnan Water Village.
— Design Challenges —
Jiaxing city logo system design competition 2020 requires as follows:
1. The drawings of Jiaxing city logo (bilingual version in both horizontal and vertical ways)
2. The VI application system of Jiaxing city logo (including applications of office supplies, clothing, badges, umbrellas and other derivatives, advertising boards, and window display)
— Evaluation Criteria —
1. The work must reflect the Jiaxing city's spirit and the image;
2. The work shall fully convey the historical and cultural essence of Jiaxing city and reflect the city's characteristics of "Red Boat"spirit, internationalization, canal complex and Jiangnan charms;
3. The work shall be artistic, innovative and in international style, and itshall be easy to spread and extend;
4. The work shall be highly distinctive and highly recognizable, with strong visual appeal.
— Eligibility —
1. This competition is open to professional designers and students of all ages with industry-specific background or design enthusiasts across the world
2. Each group (two members at most) shall submit only one entry;
3. Each participant has to register onour website; for any question, please visit our website.
— Timeline —
2020.01.07 Call forentries
2020.03.06 Submission deadline
2020.03.12 Release of shortlisted winners
2020.03.18 Release of Top 30 & Public voting open
2020.03.25 Public voting close
2020.04.02 Release of Top 3 and the Champion
Deadline for submission: March 6th , 2020 23:59 (GMT + 8)
All contents are subject to designverse official website
— Awards —
★ First Prize
1 winner; 80,000 RMB (pre-tax); Certificate of Honor
★ Second Prize
2 winners; 20,000 RMB each (pre-tax); Certificate of Honor
★ Top 30
27 winners; Certificate of Top 30 Honor
Certificate of Shortlist Honor
— Registration —
①Please register by logging into our website: www.designverse.com.cn
②For the latest information about this competition, please follow our official WeChat account: designverse设计宇宙 or our official Weibo account: @designverse设计宇宙;
③You can directly contact the competition team by adding YoungBirdPlan as one of your Wechat friends. We remain at your service here for any further questions you may have.
cash prize award: $ 17,260.00 USDclick here for call for entries