Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works. —Steve Jobs
raumplus Space PLUS “Make Life Exciting” is an international competition IP jointly created by the high-end home brand in Europe, raumplus, and the international design competition platform, Young Bird Plan. "raumplus Space PLUS" aims to add design, function and other details to the family space, thus paying tribute to life; this competition will collect accessories organization product design works from the whole industry and the whole society. The panel of judges will be composed of experts in the design field and representatives from various parties, to select forward-looking, systematic and diversified high-quality design solutions. The focus is on the application of products in the space, which can rejuvenate the infinite possibilities of each living space and enhance the sense of life happiness.
— Background —
Storage and organization is an important part for people living at home. The daily use of large storage space for jewelry, watches and perfumes is a necessity. Although the users’ needs are diversified, they reach a unanimous agreement on an organization product that integrates both functions and aesthetics. However, it is hard to see those furniture system brands in the market which truly excavate the customers’ needs and enhance the products correspondingly. For this problem or difficulty in reasonable organization space, how to develop a tailored accessories organization product that can be mass manufactured as well? raumplus strives to provide the best solution.
In our daily life, how to organize abundant items of jewelry, watches, perfumes? Due to the lack of the related organization products in the market, the users adopt various methods to solve it. The common deed, for example, is to put jewelry cases on the desk, insert trays in the drawers and install hooks on the wall.
The customized walk-in closet has abundant wardrobes and cabinets, with detailed classification and various accessories, which can organize multiple jewelry, watches and perfumes. However, for the users with less space at home as well as other spaces which need to integrate large storage organization functions, for example, bedroom, study, living room, adding a reasonable efficient organization product is a necessity.
All contents are subject to designverse official website
— Description —
Jointly hosted by the high-end home brand in Europe, raumplus, and the international competition platform, Young Bird Plan, raumplus Space Plus Make Life Exciting Accessories Organization Product Design Competition, with focus on the design of organization products for jewelry, accessories, watches and perfumes, is open to all designers throughout the world.
This competition aims to call for the participation of talented designers and passionate amateurs domestically and worldwide whose fields include design, art and fashion. The innovative ideas will be collected. The interpretation of design works will promote the public communication of home organization methods theory. More possibilities of organization products for jewelry, accessories, watches and perfumes will be explored.
— Panel of Judges —
There are five starring juries in raumplus Space Plus Make Life Exciting Accessories Organization Product Design Competition.
— Design Requirements —
● The Entrant is required to design an organization product for accessories with focus on the reasonable layout of inner functional compartments. The open space’s dimension shall not exceed 1500mm(l)*600(w)*1800mm(h). Either the entire space or partial space can be used. The design can integrate the organization space for other items, but the proportion of distribution shall be appropriate and reasonable.
● The accessories organized in the product shall include one category or more categories from these four categories, e.g., jewelry, accessories, watches, perfumes. The jewelry category shall include but not limit to necklaces, bangles, bracelets, earrings, rings, brooches, etc. The accessories category shall include but not limit to hats, silk scarves, hair accessories, sunglasses, detachable collars, neckties, sleeve buttons, etc. For the watches and perfumes categories, the display function shall be taken into consideration in the design. There is no limit on the quantity of the organized items, but the sub-categories shall be selected reasonably.
● There are no restrictions in terms of materials. The color palette shall be reasonable. The design needs to make the uniqueness of raumplus in home organization field obvious, and has the possibility to be developed into the extensions for the home products of raumplus Tmall.
● Entrants must ensure that your submission is original and you own the copyright during the competition.The submission of a design work awarded by other industrial competitions is prohibited.
● The functionality and feasibility for production of the design shall be taken into account. The prototype can be produced.
— Evaluation Criteria —
● Make the uniqueness of raumplus in home organization field obvious, with the possibility to be developed into the extensions for the home products of raumplus Tmall.
● Compact layout for efficient organization. It shall meet the need for the reasonable organization. The organization space of each category shall be planned reasonably, fully and economically used, and easy to find the organized items. The protection and display functions shall be integrated into the design. For the watches and perfumes categories, the display function shall be taken into consideration in the design.
● Practical, aesthetic and reasonable color matching.
● The design shall take the materials and process cost into consideration, and it should be capable of manufacturing.
● Environmental protection and sustainability shall be taken into consideration.
— Competiiton Documnets —
raumplus Corporate Video
raumplus Tmall Flagship Home Products Information
— Entry Submission —
1.The design proposal should be presented on no less than 2~3 sheets of A2 vertical drawings (a maximum of 5), which should be clear and readable (with a margin of 10mm), including:
- Short description: No more than 1,000 words, with details about the materials, colors, functions and technical processes used;
- Registration number: Located on the upper right corner of the drawing and set in 20 point Arial font.
- Drawings should include elevation, axonometric, renderings, detail drawing, model drawing or exploded views, etc.
2.Drawings can be submitted in JPG format (no larger than 10MB for each sheet).
3. Theproposal’s title shall be as simple as possible. File name should be saved in the following format: Registration No. – Proposal Title
4. The submitted proposal shall be in English or bilingual (English and Chinese).
5. All drawings and textare submitted online.
6. The cover, which is the key visual image of your design work,must be submitted online and uploaded as 1045×654 pixel, 72 dpi, less than 2MB.
7. All drawings and descriptive text must not disclose any of the Entrant’s identity information (such as Name, School Name/Organization Name). Any violation of this policy will result in the Entrant’s disqualification.
— Eligibility —
● The Competition is free of charge and open to all professionals, students and amateurs with a background in design and art. There is no limit on nationality and age.
● Entrants may participate as individuals or in groups. However, each group shall not exceed 5 persons.
● There is no limit on the quantity of entries submitted by each registration number.
● All team members must register on the designverse’s official website in advance, and then be invited by the team leader to complete the team formation. For frequently asked questions, please browse the Q&A section on the official website.
— Timeline —
2022.08.04 Call for entries
2022.11.11 Registration deadline
2022.11.11 Submission deadline
2022.11.18 Release of shortlisted winners & public voting
2022.12.02 Release of Top 8
2022.12.16 Release of Top 3 & the Champion
The timeline is for reference only,the specific time is subject to designverse official website.
— Awards —
Champion (1 winner): A prize of RMB 45,000 (pre-tax) + Certificate of Honour
Top 3 (2 winners): A prize of RMB 12,000 (pre-tax) + Certificate of Honour
Top 8 (5 winners): A prize of RMB 5,000 (pre-tax) + Certificate of Top 8 Honour
Shortlist: Honourable Shortlist Certificate
— Registration —
Please register by logging into our official website: www.designverse.com.cn.
For the latest information about this Competition, please follow our official WeChat account:designverse设计宇宙 or our official Weibo account: @YoungBirdPlan;
You can directly contact the Competition team by adding YoungBirdPlan as one of your WeChat friends, or you can enter our official website to submit questions. We remain at your service here for any further questions you may have.
— Organizers —
In 1986, raumplusis founded in Bremen, Germany. It is specialized in the high-end cabinet systems and sliding doors. More than 1,000 global showrooms are located in 70 countries across the 5 continents. raumplus products are consistently honored with the prize of Red Dot Award, IF Product Design Award and Germany National Design Award. As the high-end home brand in Europe, raumplus owns the fine workmanship and exquisite Germany quality, it inherits the simple and practical Bauhaus design notion as well. raumplus aims to make life exciting to all the new middle-class families and commercial customers.
Official Website: www.raumplus.cn
Young Bird Plan
Young Bird Plan is an international competition platform for global design talents. With three key elements, viz. fabrication, mentor’s guidance and interdisciplinary jury, it is fast becoming a leading voice in global design fields like urban design, architecture design, landscape design, interior design, product design, logo design, fashion design, graphic design, UI design and material innovation application design, etc. We provide three dimensional publicity and creative solution through the tailored competitions for clients. For the past nine years since establishment, we have propelled the implementation of design projects and products focusing on urban spaces and life aesthetics. Besides, Young Bird Plan is devoted to pushing the urban development and offering high-quality solutions to product updates. On the other hand, we make every effort to create opportunities for young designers. Young Bird Plan has great influence in the design industry.
In 2019, the website of Young Bird Plan was upgraded and transformed and formally merged into designverse website platform (www.designverse.com.cn). The platform aims to encourage young people to design with originality and in design thinking, and to have positive dialogue with the global design industry and industrial development. In a word, it strives for connecting young bird works and design talents to the most influential design platform and cutting-edge design ecosystem all over the world. Till now, we have cooperated with several governments, development agencies and international brands, e.g., Suichang County of Zhejiang Province, Yongchuan District of Chongqing City, Suzhou New District, China Merchants Shekou Industrial Zone, Hexi District of Tianjin City, Jiaxing Municipal People’s Government, JIACHENG GROUP, Vanke Group, China Fortune Properties, Westbund, URS China, Leliving, HKR International Limited, HAY, Sunbrella, DeCastelli, MATSU Group, Xiao Guan Tea, Dongpeng Group, raumplus, SCHÜLLER, Jiaxing Planning & Design Research & Institute Co., Ltd., Tea Natural, XKool Tech, Huafon Group, etc.
— Copyright Disclaimer —
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, by participating in this competition, each Entrant irrevocably agrees to abide by the below statements about the copyrights for all submissions.
■ Statement of Originality
All submissions must be original, and each Entrant shall ensure that his/her entry does not infringe any third party’s rights, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, and so on. Otherwise, the Entrant will be disqualified from the competition, and the organizer will withdraw all the sponsorship money and materials and reserve the right to investigate and affix legal liability of infringement. All damages and losses arising therefrom shall be borne by the Entrant; and all the direct and indirect damages (including but not limited to attorney fees, legal fees, costs of preservation, appraisal costs, notarial fees, and so on) suffered by the organizer shall be compensated by the Entrant.
■ Statement of Consent
By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to authorize the organizer to publicly display the work in the form of credited or hidden names to everyone for the purpose of holding the competition, and accepts the online selection process. And before uploading a submission, each Entrant must confirm that he/she has read and fully understands all of the clauses, and accepts them. The judging panel reserves the right to make a final decision on entry assessment and award list. According to the principles of fairness, impartiality and openness, the Competition Commission will invite professionals of each field to form the Jury and work on the appraisal of entry. If there is any dispute on entry, please contact and report to the Competition Commission with corresponding proof (such as related files of the plagiarized work). If the plagiarism is verified and confirmed after investigation, it means automatic disqualification either on participating in the Competition or on winning an award.*In any circumstance, the Entrant shall not contact or try to contact any member of the Jury. Any form of violation against this rule means automatic disqualification.The submission of work by the Entrant refers to the Entrant agree the organizer of the Competition to have the sole right of priority on obtaining the intellectual property of the entry work based on purchasing.Before the final release of the Competition’s result, the confidentiality of the entry work shall be protected by the Entrant till Champion of raumplus Space Plus Make Life Exciting Accessories Organization Product Design Competition is formally announced. Any form of violation against this rule means automatic disqualification.The detailed Official Rules of this competition will be published on the designverse website. Please read them carefully.